2010 Answers for Autism Walk
Coxhall Gardens, Carmel IN
|What is Autism? |
Autism is a developmental disorder that strikes children some time in the first three years of life and impacts the normal development of the brain in areas of cognition, social interaction and communication skills. Each child is affected differently and to varying degrees. According to recent studies, as many as 1 in every 90 children born today will be on the autistic spectrum. Autism is now one of the most common developmental disorder -- more common than Down syndrome, multiple sclerosis or cystic fibrosis. There is no known, proven cure for Autism. Though various treatments may provide some children with relative relief, current research is limited due to lack of available funds.
Some Answers for Autism walk information:
- The walk is a 1 mile wheelchair and stroller friendly walk. There will be activities for the children and silent auction before and during the walk.
- There will be food for purchase from Paradise Bakery throughout the morning. Light refreshments will be provided at no cost after the walk.
- Save time on walk day and register ALL your family members online. Having everyone registered helps us better plan for the day’s activities.
- Cost of registration is $10. Each individual who fundraises $50 or more will receive an official 2010 Answers for Autism Walk T-shirt on walk day (while supplies last).
- Please NO PETS ALLOWED at the park. Only service/therapy dogs will be permitted at the park.